Last updated: Oct 2, 2023
Information we collect
We may collect various information from or about you or your devices from multiple sources, as described below.
1. Information You Provide To Us
When you use the Services or otherwise communicate with us, we collect the information you provide us directly. For example, we collect information in the following circumstances:
- You use our mobile apps or visit the Site,
- register for the Services or create an account or profile or accept the creation of an account or profile on your behalf (an “Account”),
- access the Services through social networking sites or third-party services,
- subscribe to newsletters,
- purchase a product or service on the Site or in our mobile apps,
- invite others to use or join the Services, “share” the Services on social networking sites or perform other similar actions,
- request technical support,
- otherwise use our mobile apps or online Services where Personal Information is required for such use and/or participation,
- when you sign up for an automated email or other communication,
- when you contact us via the Site or when you otherwise communicate with us.
Please note, You can choose not to provide the information requested by us, however, this may limit your ability to use or access the Services.
The information you provide to us directly may include, without limitation, the following information that may, alone or in combination with other data, constitute Personal Information:
- Information you provide in connection with registering an Account, including your first name, last name, company name, email, phone number, and any other information you decide to provide;
- Information you provide in order to authenticate an Account, including your Account name, password, and any other information you decide to provide;
- Information you provide in connection with completing a transaction or purchase using the Services;
- Information you provide in connection with using the Services, including your first name, last name, company name, email address, phone number, and any other information you decide to provide;
- Information you provide via email, through the “Contact” section on the Site or by using the contact details listed on various parts of the Site, including your first name, last name, company name, email address, phone number, and any other information you decide to provide;
- Information you provide in order to subscribe to our newsletters and updates, including your email address, the topic for which you wish to receive updates or any other information you decide to provide us with. You may always unsubscribe from these emails by following the instructions included;
- If you are one of our customers, suppliers or prospects, we may process limited Personal Information in the course of our business relation with you, for example, when you place an order, request a demo or vice versa. Such Personal Information may include your first name, last name, company, title, e-mail address, phone number, address, order details, and where applicable and relevant, credit registrations and credit limits;
- Audio recordings and generated transcripts of such recordings;
- Transaction and limited (non-PCI) payment data;
- Meeting titles and calendar metadata;
- Any other information you may want to share with us, such as Personal Information related to recruitment/job applications.
- If you contact us, a record of such correspondence may be kept.
2. Automatically Collected Information When You Use Our Services
Most of the data we collect through the Site and the Services is technical in nature and is collected and processed automatically through so-called application programming interfaces, software development kits, cookies and similar software-based technologies. Alone or in combination with other data, such automatically collected data may constitute Personal Information. The data we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, application installations, and device identifiers.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, on-page events, your comments, any content you post, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. Third-party partners and we collect data using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
- Network and internet information: including, but not limited to, URLs, Internet Protocol addresses, bounce rates, use of spoofing, active (TCP/IP) ports, number of sessions initiated, click streams, location information and network/Wi-Fi access points.
- Call Information. When you use our Services to record or transcribe video calls, we receive information about those calls, such as the date and time of the call and the parties’ names, identifiers, and email addresses. We also receive the call's contents, including the call audio, video, and speaker identification. By using our Services to record or transcribe video calls, you understand that your call will be recorded, and you agree to allow us to monitor and/or record your call. Please note that the call's contents may also contain the personal information of other meeting participants, such as your co-workers or individuals from other organizations. Some states or countries require all parties to consent before recording a video or audio call — not just the consent of one party to the communication (i.e., yourself). Please make sure you have the necessary permissions from other meeting participants before sharing personal information with us.
3. Information You Post on the Services
The Services may provide voice, video and text chat, to Users and the ability to create an “avatar” or other customized profile and Account information. Information that you provide through the use of these tools will be available to the public generally. SmartyMeet has no obligation to keep private any information that you disclose to other Users or the public using these functions. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information through the use of these tools or functions. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information through the Services that allows strangers to identify or locate you or that you otherwise do not want to share with the public.
4. Information We Receive from Third Parties
- Information from other Users of our Services. We may receive personal information about you when a User uses our Services to send you an invite to join a video call or uses our Services to record or transcribe a video call in which you are a meeting participant. This information may include your name and email address, as well as the call's contents, including the call audio, video, and speaker identification.
- Information from third-party services. When you link our Services to a third-party service, we will receive information about you, including your name, email address, calendar and meeting information (such as meeting title, date, time, location, URL and attendees), profile information, and photo.
- Other third parties. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, from third parties such as data enrichment partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
- SmartyMeet uses and transfers to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements
- SmartyMeet uses and transfers information received from Humantic AI APIs will adhere to Humantic AI Policy.
- SmartyMeet uses and transfers information received from Azure OpenAI Service will adhere to the Policy.
- Content from third party Integrations: Users can access email and calendars from third-party services, if they choose to integrate them. This information is not end-to-end encrypted by SmartyMeet, but SmartyMeet employees do not access the contents of third-party-service email or calendar entries, unless authorized to, or required for legal, safety, or security reasons. If Users integrate their third-party emails with services offered by SmartyMeet, SmartyMeet may collect or process email information, including email content, headers and metadata, from such third-party services.
5. How We Use The Information We Collect
We do not sell personal information to anyone and only share it with third parties who are facilitating the delivery of our services.
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To share a copy of your recorded video calls with you. If you are not a current User but use our Services to access a recorded call that has been shared with you or otherwise interact with us, we may also use your personal information to market our services to you;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications, such as Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar. We use your calendar data to discover upcoming meetings. This allows us to display those meetings in SmartyMeet for call recording and annotation. This data is read-only. We will not modify your meetings or any other Google-hosted ora Outlook-hosted data; We do not share, sell, or transmit any data obtained through calendar integration with any third parties, including AI models or external databases.
- To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications, such as Humantic AI, which provides Humantic Insights (insights related to a person or a group of persons and the psychometric assessment reports including but not limited to personality overview, personalization insights, email personalization tips, DISC assessment, Big Five assessment, confidence score, workplace behavior factors, buying committee insights, demographic details, prographic details (like seniority level, education level), work history & education, interests and hobbies).
- To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications, such as Azure OpenAI Service.
- For marketing and advertising our Services to you;
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use for any purpose;
- To facilitate transactions;
- To find and prevent fraud and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency;
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
- If Users create an account using a third-party login (such as Google) SmartyMeet will receive the information you choose to upload to the third-party platform (such as username, email address).
If you are in the European Economic Area or the UK, we only process your personal information when we have a valid legal basis.
- Consent. We may use your personal information when you have given your consent to do so.
- Contractual necessity. We may use your personal information to perform the end of our contracts with you. For example, to provide you with the Services.
- Legal obligation. We may use your personal information when we are legally required to. For example, to comply with tax and accounting obligations or to comply with a court order.
- Legitimate interest. We may use your personal information when we, or a third party, have a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we have a legitimate interest in understanding usage and improving the Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
6. How We Share The Information We Collect
We may disclose Personal Information you provide to us or that we collect automatically on the Site and in and through the Services with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers, such as consultants, payment processors, web hosting and data storage service providers, and helping us deliver and develop the Services. data storage service providers, marketing service providers, and communications service providers;
- Our advertising partners in compliance with applicable law;
- Public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
- Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
7. Links to Other Websites, Third Parties
We understand the importance of privacy and security of Personal Information to our Users and have prioritized them. SmartyMeet uses various industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect Personal Information about you from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure and trains SmartyMee employees on privacy and security issues. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to overcome those measures or use your Personal Information for improper purposes. We do not promise that Personal Information about you or private communications will be protected from unauthorized disclosure or use.
9. Your Rights
- Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative notifications from us. Please note that we will not use your meeting or call information to market our Services to you or your meeting attendees.
- Do Not Track. Some web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether Users intend for these signals to be transmitted or even aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
If you are located in the EEA or in the UK, you also have the following additional rights in relation to your personal information that we hold: You may request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, and exercise your right to data portability to transfer your personal information to another company easily. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an alleged incident took place. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding processing your personal information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
Please note that, before any response to the exercise of such rights, we will require you to verify your identity. In addition, we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request and will inform you if that is the case. For more information on your rights, please email email@example.com.
10. Children’s Privacy
11. International Transfers of Personal Information
SmartyMeet is based in Poland. As a result, Personal Information that we collect in and through the Services and on the Site may be transferred to our Polish offices. In addition, we may work with third-party service providers in Poland and other countries to support our business activities. Thus, Personal Information may be transferred to, stored on servers in, and accessed from Poland and countries other than the country in which the Personal Information was initially collected. In all such instances, we use, transfer, and disclose Personal Information solely for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and compliance with applicable laws.
12. Data Retention
13.Delete Your Accounts
15. Contact Information